Tuesday 26 May 2015

Diva Challenge #219 with Markers

I've just about recovered from our Creative Yarragon weekend and am really enjoying the two sets of Mepxy brush markers I purchased, Basic and Pastel. They are such yummy colours, you can go to town with colour schemes. Our recent swap for Facebook is to create bookmarks 2 x 6 inches. I found it easier to create a 4" x 6" size first, then cut it in half. Here are four I've done so far.




Now for my Diva Challenge piece which has to be all straight lines! Decided to see if I could use a string with only straight lines, #120 fit the bill (oh, should've made a copy of it, sorry). Unfortunately for the photo I used a gel pen for some of the black, not realising it was metallic!!!

Tangles: Afterglow, Arukas, Cubine, Schway, Brella, Triral

9 comments:

  1. Your bookmarks are fabulous, with all those vibrant colours and detailed patterns. The Diva tile works very well, metallic or not and I like your choice of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diva tile has so many interesting things going on - and I like the touch of metallic. I also like you bookmarks. Beautfiul bright colors and great tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloured work is so beautiful! Love the patterns and your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tile for the challenge and I think the bookmark are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh looky there! I recognize your bookmark from the FB stacked page...where I immediately picked up on the use of Pinbawl by my friend Dave Hunter. The colors and patterns on those bookmarks are so lovely. Very pleasing and serene. Great use of schway in your Diva challenge tile. Stripes, indeed. Nice work

    ReplyDelete

  6. I have great interest in color too but it's for me even more difficult than black and white drawings. I like your choice of colors. Very good ideas in the tile challenge too.
    Je suis moi-même très intéressée par la couleur mais je ne me débrouille pas encore très bien avec. J'aime le choix de vos couleurs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit my favorite pieces this week are the beautiful colored pieces! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That diva challenge looks great. Very cool angles you made! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your bookmarks. Those colors are some of my most favorite and you worked them together so beautifully. I need to spend some time studying color theory, I think. Your challenge piece is fun and I think that the metallic gel added to it, not detracted from it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete