Wednesday 22 May 2013

Diva Challenge #119

My deepest sympathies go to those in Oklahoma who have lost so much. It's hard to imagine here in Australia the devastation and trauma of tornados. We have floods and bushfires but not on the scale that you have tornados, which totally wipe out everything in their path. I pray that you will have courage to face the long road ahead of recovery and restoration. It wont happen overnight, but it will happen.

Diva's challenge this week is "Ebony and Ivory", so the major art principle to feature is contrast. I thought I'd like to do a round one, so picked up this weeks Zendala Dare template for it. Unfortunately I also had problems with the white pen, it went a sort of yellow!! So I gave up on that, pulled out a tile, drew a string and went for it.
My unfinished first attempt.



Tangles: Knase, Bowties, Bunzo, BTL Joos, Clothesline.


8 comments:

  1. Nice job on both, lot's of great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dare, challenge, and wonderful use of ebony and ivory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second one very much. It is much tension there and it is exciting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second tile is a winner! I think a lot of us were frustrated by the white pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first attempt looks very interesting. Love the second one too. Your composition is eye catching on your second tile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. Using the white gel pens is definitely a learning experience. I think the Gelly Roll gives the brightest white but it is not the narrowest nib.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually like the first one because it tells the story of how it is created. Nicely done! Your second tile is bold and strong, with great tangles - I 'specially love the way you offset knase!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great and I like the first one because it shows how it sometimes goes. The second is 'bold and very beautiful'.

    ReplyDelete