Tuesday 8 May 2012

zendala and #69

This weeks challenge is to use the tangle "Groovy". at the time I had out my jelly roll pens to create a birthday tangle for a friend, so decided to use them for this challenge. You know how weak I am when it comes to colour! They were great to draw with. For the shading I used prismacolour pencils, but wasnt so happy with that as they seemed to take away from the nice linework of the pens. We live and learn hey!!

Following that, I had just purchased a large circle template and was itching to use it, to do a zendala. I liked this one!! Used pink, orange and red .005 pigmas. Analogous colour scheme!
I have received my zendala set, and have begun one, but as I'm not happy with it, I have ignored it!! Naughty hey? Promise I'll persevere soon. I have been very busy preparing a Professional Development for Art teachers on 'Developing Images'. That's on tomorrow. Maybe I could add it to my blog if anyone is interested. It's about taking an image and making various alterations using the elements and principles of design, as a teacher would with a class. Let me know.


9 comments:

  1. i love the colors! it really looks like a quilt - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you keep going with your Zendalas because you have such a bright cheery style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see your "Developing Images". Your Zendala is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So smoothly done! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see you are a colorful person! LOL. I really love your two tangles and their color schemes. I am partial to analogous colors and the precision of your zendela is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of colors! Really pretty:)

    ReplyDelete