Saturday 19 November 2011

STUDENT'S WORK

For those who have been Art teachers, I thought you may like to see some of my Year 11's work, especially their tangles!! I dont have any budding artists these are just creative kids who work hard.
The first one was a lino cut, first in black and white then in a series of mixed colours. This students second piece was of a tree with tangled leaves, a sample cut out shown. The second student designed a tangled necklace. Took her forever. The final one is a sketch which was turned into a 3D paper mache of a torso with a light in it, seeping out through cracks as in the drawing. Quite amazing but her photo doesnt do it justice so I havent included it.
I am pleased that having  learnt how to tangle these young people will always have this to develop and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. This is mind blowing stuff. I have really enjoyed looking at this wonderful work. Just shows what a great teacher you are...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure I have ever had instruction in 'tangling'. If you ever get a minute could you quickly explain how to start! I would appreciate that so much:)
    Don't worry if you are busy.
    I am so impressed I have gone back for a second look...this work is both sophisticated and cute:) Just love it!
    Please pass my congratulations onto your students.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, it's always a pleasure to come to your blog. I really like the second drawing of the tree in color (what a great idea to have a tree made ​​using tangle "heart"). Your students have worked well. (google translation).

    ReplyDelete